Toddler Program Supervisor
Island Kids Academy is currently hiring an EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR SUPERVISOR in the Toddler room at our View Royal location in Victoria, BC. We are seeking applicants with current ITE certificates to practice in BC, or who are within a few months of completion.
Position Title: Toddler Program Supervisor
Positions Available: 1
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $22 per hour plus BC Government Wage Enhancement
Work Schedule: 35-40 hours per week
Working Hours: 9:30-5:30 required shift coverage with a 1 hour break; 1 hour administration per week.
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation per year initially, staff discount on childcare at our facilities, Supervisor’s receive a portion paid into group benefits (medical & dental benefits); access to RRSP, sick days, BC transit pro pass
Position Type: Permanent, full time; 6 month commitment required
Required Language: English
- To follow Island Kids Academy’s Philosophy and guidance methods.
- Develop and implement activities in our early childhood setting for children between 2-3 years old.
- Responsible for planning and organizing activities that protect and promote the children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all children are treated with respect and that the program meets their individual developmental needs
- Follow and maintain daily routines and shift schedules
- Communicate daily with parents regarding various aspects of care for their children
- Coordinate parent communication with regards to policies, procedures and concerns, including orientation and transitions
- Work with a team of Infant and Toddler educators to deliver an enriched program
- Motivate and encourage Virtues integration
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings with Toddler team
- Be aware of program ratio, and oversee overall supervision of Toddler group
- Assist with training, hiring and evaluating Toddler room staff in partnership with the Manager
- Do monthly theme/emergent calendars, parent hand-outs/emails, plan and implement field trips or special events
- Keep a petty float and buy supplies, toys and specialty items for the program, tracking spending appropriately
- Write up integration schedules for new children coming in
- Work in partnership with other Supervisors to create a team environment and unity throughout the 3 IKA centers
- Keep parent/child information, primary groups and emergency information up to date
- Consult with Directors on relevant program and business affairs
- ● Attend Supervisor Meetings with the Directors and Managers
[Work Location & Information]
Island Kids View Royal Ltd.
286 Island Highway,
Victoria, BC, V9A 6H7
Phone: (250) 381-2929
Fax: (250) 381-2954
The successful candidate will be working at our facilities in the View Royal region of Victoria, BC, at the address listed above.
[Skills & Education Requirements]
· Minimum college diploma
in Early Childhood Education (ECE), specialization in Infant/Toddler care;
· Licence to practice in BC as an Infant Toddler Early Childhood Educator (ITE)
· First Aid Certificate (valid or intent to obtain);
· Experience in Early Childhood Education an asset but not mandatory;
· Criminal Record Check will be conducted.
[How to Apply]
By email: email@example.com
By mail or in person: Send or bring resume to the address listed above.
By phone: Megan Seiferling at (250) 381-2929 ext. 25.
By fax: (250) 381-2954
Although listed, phone calls regarding the job offer are not preferred. We thank all those who apply, but only appropriate candidates will be contacted for the interview.Thank you for your interest in the position!