POSITION AVAILABLE: Cridge Respite Resource Service Worker
PROGRAM NAME: The Cridge Respite Resource Service
WORKSITE ADDRESS: #6 – 1190 Kings Road, Victoria, BC
PERSONAL AUTO USE IS: Required
HOURS PER WEEK: 25 hours per week*
SHIFT SCHEDULE: TBD
HOURLY WAGE: Grid level 11
POSITION START DATE: September 16, 2019
POSITION END DATE: April 10, 2020
NATURE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of The Cridge Supportive Housing & Family Services, the Cridge Respite Resource Service Referral Worker is responsible for:
- Recruitment and retention of respite caregivers, including but not limited to: creating promotional materials, making public presentations, posting on job sites, attending job fairs, conducting interviews, and checking references
- Securing training opportunities for respite caregivers
- Inputting, updating and maintaining the respite data-base
- Providing information, resources and support for families accessing the Cridge Respite Resource Service.
Minimum of 2 years of related experience, including work in the field of licensed childcare as well as respite work (work with children with diverse abilities), office experience, and program administration. Experience with public speaking.
Early Childhood Certificate and License (Special Needs Diploma would be an asset) or an undergraduate degree in child & youth care, health, education or a related field. Education equivalent to an undergraduate degree may be considered. Computer literate.
Knowledge of Windows 10 and basic database concepts.
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- Class 5 driver’s license
- ICBC Driving Record
REQUEST COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTON AND SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Candace Stretch, Manager of The Cridge Supportive Housing & Family Services
CLOSING DATE: September 3, 2019 at 4pm
POSTING DATE: August 27, 2019
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO MALE AND FEMALE APPLICANTS EXCEPT WHERE BONA BIDE OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENTS PREVENT IT. THIS POSITION REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
* At the discretion of the Manager, the successful candidate may be eligible to take both this position and The Cridge Respitality Worker position for a total of 40 hours per week, with the possibility of it becoming a permanent position in April 2020.