POSITION AVAILABLE: Cridge Respitality Service Worker
PROGRAM NAME: The Cridge Respitality Service
WORKSITE ADDRESS: #6 – 1190 Kings Road, Victoria, BC
PERSONAL AUTO USE IS: Required
HOURS PER WEEK: 20 hours per week*
SHIFT SCHEDULE: TBD
HOURLY WAGE: Grid level 11
POSITION START DATE: September 16, 2019
NATURE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of The Cridge Supportive Housing & Family Services, the Cridge Respitality Worker is responsible for:
- Coordinating 20-25 overnight stays per month at local hotels for parents who have a child with special needs or a mental health diagnosis
- Receiving, processing and orienting new referrals to the program
- Maintaining and building relationships with hotel partners and other Respitality donors
- Providing emotional support and connections to resources to parents raising a children with special needs
Minimum of 2 years of related experience, including work in the field of licensed childcare as well as respite work (work with children with diverse abilities), office experience, and program administration. Experience with public speaking.
Early Childhood Certificate and License (Special Needs Diploma would be an asset) or an undergraduate degree in child & youth care, health, education or a related field. Education equivalent to an undergraduate degree may be considered.
Computer literate. Knowledge of Windows 10 and basic database concepts.
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- Class 5 driver’s license
- ICBC Driving Record
REQUEST COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTON AND SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Candace Stretch, Manager of The Cridge Supportive Housing & Family Services
CLOSING DATE: September 3, 2019 at 4pm
POSTING DATE: August 27, 2019
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO MALE AND FEMALE APPLICANTS EXCEPT WHERE BONA BIDE OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENTS PREVENT IT. THIS POSITION REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
* At the discretion of the Manager, the successful candidate may be eligible to take both this position and The Cridge Respite Resource Worker position for a total of 40 hours per week, with the possibility of it becoming a permanent position in April 2020.