The Out of School Kids Club – Team Lead will be responsible for managing the operations of the OSC Kids club which involves training, mentoring and supervising a team of Kids Club Leaders, working together to plan and implement relevant and fun activities for the Out of School Kids Club program at Victoria West Elementary School and Victoria West Community Centre site. In addition, as the Team Lead you will be responsible for all the different moving pieces of running a successful program such as maintaining the budget, staff schedules, organizing camps and PD days, ordering and preparing snacks, keeping up to date files for staff and children, preparing a monthly newsletter, communicating with families and more.
This is a full time split shift position of 7.5 hours/day (37.5/wk, M-F) including both admin, preparation and program time. During regular school days the program runs for 5.25 hours starting at 7:00am-9:00am, and then again at 2:15-5:30pm Monday-Friday. During camps and PD days, the program is full day.
There are two weeks of break, one over Christmas and other in the spring, following the School Board 61 calendar.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working with children in a child care or recreation-based setting
- Previous Recreation, Out of School or Childcare management experience (preferably 1-2 years +)
- Ability to offer leadership and mentoring to a team of staff
- Ability to appreciate diversity, different opinions, lived experiences, backgrounds, and personality type
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Dependable, including the ability to maintain good attendance, be reliable and punctual, and set a good example for the team
- Ability to understand and apply current regulations and licensing requirements
- Ability to lead and deliver a kids club programs with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of enthusiasm, imagination and personal motivation
- Understanding and ability to apply first aid and emergency response with up to date certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg.
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Care or have completed a course or combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition. (Responsible Adult Certification).
All staff required to have a minimum of 2 doses of covid-19 vaccination
An additional BC ECE Wage enhancement is available for staff with current BC ECE certification.
Resumes can be sent to: email@example.com