Our nature-rich, coastal community is looking for a childcare enthusiast to lead our island daycare. Galiano children are the gems of our island and our team has built a stimulating, responsive program to support them. If you love working with children, enjoy spending the majority of your day outside, and are interested in joining our daycare community, please reach out to us.
The Program Manager provides the necessary support, resources and leadership to ensure the provision of safe and nurturing care to young children in a group setting.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans a stimulating and developmentally appropriate program
- Ensures program is in strict compliance with the BC Child Care Licensing Regulation
- Supervises and schedules other ECEs, ECE-As, and RAs
- Provides for the physical needs of children
- Ensures positive communication with families
- Maintains all required records and logs
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree
- Emergency Child Care First Aid and CPR
- Negative criminal record check
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Adequate energy level and physical ability
- High degree of initiative and dedication
Position Start Date: September 7th, 2022 (Some flexibility is possible)
Hours: 8:30-4:30, 1-6 days weekly, according to your preference
Wage: Starting wage $23/hour plus $4/hr provincially-funded wage enhancement, for a total starting wage of $27/hr.
Submit applications and/or questions to email@example.com
Posting will remain open until the position is filled
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted
Not from Galiano? Considering relocating? We’re happy to answer your questions!