Frank Hobbs Out of School Care is operated by a not-for-profit organization and registered charity. FHOSC is partnered with Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre and together share a history of providing outstanding childcare programs to the Greater Victoria community. FHOSC offers before and after school care for children in grades 2 through to grade 5.
We are excited to announce that in September, 2019, Frank Hobbs Out of School Care will be expanding its programs to two learning studios being built on Frank Hobbs School property. One program will remain in Frank Hobbs School for a total of 70 OSC spaces. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Program Manager will facilitate and guide the transition to these new centres including additional hirings of OSC staff.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of our out of school programs and will plan, coordinate and deliver high quality programming for school age children. We seek a positive, dynamic individual to lead a team of educators where you will be valued for your commitment to child-centered learning, collaboration, innovation and a passion to connect children with nature.
Duties to include:
- Promote a stimulating, fun environment where children can create, explore, discover and play
- Promote and model an active living lifestyle ensuring that programming includes being out in nature at nearby woods, beaches, trails.
- Guide, model and encourage positive behaviours and growth in school age children
- Implement registration and enrollment procedures
- Maintain enrollment, staffing, centre program records and schedules.
- Recruit, hire and provide orientation and on-the-job training.
- Coach, mentor and evaluate staff.
- Familiarize families with centre’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective, on-going communication with families
- Oversee program expenditures within approved budget
- Ensure licensing regulations are followed at all times.
- A degree in Child and Youth Care, Education, Health & Recreation, Early Childhood Education or related degree; or equivalent training and experience.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Criminal record check and letter from doctor confirming suitability to work with groups of children
- Food Safe certificate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in group settings with school age children which includes some supervisory experience
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong positive leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong organization, time and general management skills
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Word & Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with children, staff, families, Executive Director and Frank Hobbs school personnel.
- 3 weeks paid vacation (at Winter & Spring breaks)
- Sick Leave
- A comprehensive Extended Benefit Package
- Continuing Education funding
Hours: 35 hours/week
Salary: $24 to $27/hour depending on education and experience
Start Date: Training & flexible work schedule in July &/or August in preparation of program opening in September,
To apply, please forward resume and 3 references to:
Lynn Young, Executive Director
Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre
3905 Haro Road
Victoria, B. C. V8N 4A6
Start/Close Date of your posting: May 2019 – June 2019