An excellent opportunity to join an amazing team of educators at one of the most sought after daycare centres in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia!
The preschool educator is responsible for providing daily care and education for the children enrolled in the Preschool Program (3-5 years) at Our Children’s Centre Society of Greater Victoria (OCCS) child care centre. The preschool educator will guide the activities of the children ensuring the policies and philosophies of OCCS are implemented and maintained. Develops and maintains co-operative working relationships with the OCCS Board of Directors, manager, facility staff, parents and others as required. Is part of a team striving to provide quality care for children attending Our Children’s Centre.
What OCCS has to offer:
- Competitive wage
- Free on-site parking
- Two professional development days per year with all costs covered
- Competitive benefits package after a successful three month probationary period (for full-time permanent position)
- Paid planning time off the floor to work on curriculum planning during work hours as well as 2 hours paid per month from home if needed.
- Monthly all centre, and room meetings
- An enthusiastic, supportive and thought-provoking team
- This position reports directly to the Preschool senior
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $19.50/hr to $20.75/hr (dependant on qualifications) + 4% vacation.
- Post-Secondary School, ECE/A at a minimum. Preference may be given to those with their ECE or ECE-ITE/ECE-SNE license.
- Victoria, BC
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Those with their ECE/ECEA must be registered with Provincial Child Care Facility Licensing Board.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record Check is required for this position.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation or References
Interested applicants please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org