Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre is a not-for-profit organization and registered charity with a long history of providing outstanding early learning programs to the Greater Victoria community. Our centre is a bright and engaging purpose-built preschool with a large, natural playground surrounded by urban forest.
We offer half day and full day preschool programs for 3 and 4 years olds and a small after school program for kindergarten children attending Frank Hobbs Elementary. Our educators facilitate stimulating and engaging experiences that nurture each child’s sense of wonder, curiousity and innate desire to learn through play, exploration, discovery and creative expression. This is a temporary position in our After School program.
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- A minimum of 20 hours of training in the areas of child development, guidance, health, safety and nutrition
- Courses or degree in ECE, CYC or Education preferred
- An acceptable criminal record check
- A first aid certificate that meets the requirements set out in the provincial Child Care Regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with our team of educators
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, respectful relationships with children, staff members and families.
Hours: 15 hours/week
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Date: April – June (position may be renewed for September)
To apply, please forward resume and 3 references to:
Lynn Young, Director
Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre
3905 Haro Road
Victoria, B. C. V8N 4A6
Start/Close Date of your posting: March 27– April 27/2019