Under the direction of the Program Manager, you will provide quality childcare programs for school age children that support and promote the well-being of each child and respect and reflect the needs of children, families, and the community. We are looking for some fun, creative, passionate, and caring Educators to join our growing team of dedicated, loving and kind staff members. We are in beautiful Cadboro Bay neighborhood, close to UVIC and bus routes. We operate out of two brand new Learning Studios and the Frank Hobbs gymnasium, surrounded by forest, beaches and nature.
Employment Date: August 31st, 2020 – June 30th,2021
Posting closes: open until position filled
Salary: $16.50 – $17.50 per hour
Hours of Work: 7:15-9:15am, and 2:30-5:45/6:00pm Monday to Friday. We prefer staff who can work 5 days/week to provide consistency for the children throughout the week.
• Must be 19 years of age or older
• Preference to applicants with courses or degree in Education, Child and Youth Care, Recreation Ed., Early Childhood Education
• A minimum of 20 hours of education/training in the areas of child development, guidance, health, safety, and nutrition
• Experience working with large groups of school age children in a licensed setting
• An acceptable criminal record check
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
• Ability to sustain attention to multiple situations
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with children, staff members and families.
• A love and excitement for working with children, enthusiasm for the job
• Experience in nature-based programming and knowledge of local ecosystems an asset
• Facilitate a fun and engaging afterschool care program for children in grades K-5
• Plan and implement routines that are flexible and responsive to the needs of children and their families. Provide opportunities for a balance of active/quiet and indoor/outdoor experiences.
• Provide a physical environment that is safe, supportive, and inviting participation of children with a range of abilities.
• Follow the Centre’s procedures for maintaining health records and administering medication and first aid. This includes reporting all accidents, injuries, and illnesses to the Program Manager.
• Create and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with families through greetings, sharing information and discussions.
• Create and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with colleagues; cooperate and share responsibilities with all staff members.
Please send: a cover letter, resume, and availability
Devon Horner Bourassa – School Age Program Manager
Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre
3905 Haro Rd.
Victoria, B.C. V8N 4A6