Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (2:15 – 5:30pm or 2:45 – 5:45pm; minor changes on early dismissal days). Hours of work may vary based on operational needs.
Rate of Pay: $16.74 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (total wage: $19.08 per hour)
Review of applications begins 4:00 p.m. June 7, 2019; however, this competition will remain open until the successful candidate is found
Notes Term: September 2019 to June 2020 with training in late-August 2019. These positions will be based from Greenglade Community Centre in Sidney and/or the Central Saanich Cultural Centre in Brentwood Bay.
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Program Coordinator and the Out of School Care Leader, the Out of School Care Assistant is responsible for assisting with the implementation and delivery of Panorama’s Out of School Care program for children/youth. Hours of work may vary based on operational needs.
Incumbents will required to provide two acceptable criminal record checks. One with Municipal Police Station for hire with CRD and one specific to Licensed Child Care program with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as a liaison between general public and Panorama Recreation.
• Assist with the pick-up and transportation of youth to the centre.
• Assist with the delivery of safe, healthy and enjoyable care for children ages 5-10.
• Assist with daily program planning and provide leadership to promote a fun, positive environment.
• Ensure toys and equipment are safe and sanitary.
• Lead and plan activities such as arts & crafts, sports, cooperative games, and dynamic play.
• Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
• Adhere to the licensing requirements set forth by the Ministry of Children and Family Development
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Must be at least 19 years of age
• Current Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR level C (or higher).
• Experience leading children or youth programs and 20 hours of education in this area.
• A statement signed by a medical practitioner indicating that the person is physically and psychologically capable of working
with children is required.
• Valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License is an asset but not required. Preference may be given to those who hold a Class 4 Driver’s
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.