Our Children’s Centre Society – Victoria, BC
Position Title: Lead Early Childhood/Infant Toddler Educator and Early Childhood Educator (with I/T preferred)
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent (starting August 1st, 2022)
Wage: $25.17-$26.70/hr depending on position and qualifications with annual wage increases, plus $3.00/hr extra benefits paid for by the centre.
- Early Childhood Education certificate (with infant/toddler certification preferred) and Early Childhood/Infant Toddler certificate
- Must be registered with Provincial Child Care Facility Licensing Board.
- Must be able to clear a criminal record check as required by the Licensing Board.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- 3 Letters of Recommendation or References
The lead and toddler educators are responsible for providing daily care and education for the children enrolled in the Toddler Program (18-36 months old) at Our Children’s Centre Society of Greater Victoria (OCCS) childcare centre. The lead and toddler educators will guide the activities of the children ensuring the policies and philosophies of OCCS are implemented and maintained. Develops and maintains co-operative working relationships with the OCCS Board of Directors, managers, facility staff, parents and others as required. Is part of a team striving to provide quality care for children attending Our Children’s Centre.
What OCCS has to offer:
- Competitive wage with annual increases
- Two paid professional development days per year with all costs covered
- RRSP group plan (matching at 1% up to a maximum amount)
- Competitive benefits package (paid for by the organization) after a successful three-month probationary period, which includes 10 paid sick days AND 5 COVID-19 sick days. Health and dental benefits, also includes $200 towards eye wear every 2 years
- 4% accrued vacation pay (10 days) to start, and increases over time
- 1 week off paid during winter closure
- Paid planning time off the floor to work on curriculum planning during work hours as well as 2 hours paid per month from home if needed.
- Monthly paid all centre and program meetings
- The opportunity to work with a Pedagogist through the Early Childhood Pedagogy Network and the ability to receive support from a Mentor Project consultant through the Victoria CCRR
- Financial support for education upgrades and professional development
- Free on-site parking
- An enthusiastic, supportive, and thought-provoking team
- Supervises the activities of children and guides guests in the program;
- In conjunction with other employees, develops, oversees and evaluates a developmentally appropriate program of activities;
- As a representative of Our Children’s Centre Society, develops and maintains positive & professional relationships with external agencies, authorities, associations, resources and the general public;
- Builds effective, supportive and professional relationships with the staff and parents of the facility;
- Exemplifies all necessary qualities in problem solving and acceptance of responsibilities;
- Works in partnership with all families, ensuring a clear understanding and / or resolution of concerns regarding centre activities as they relate to objectives, child development and OCCS policies and philosophies within the program;
- Ensures that all legal, licensing and legislative requirements are met, maintained and implemented within the program;
- Follows and understands all personnel policies laid out in OCCS’ personnel manual
- Ensures appropriate care and safety of children, educators, substitutes, students and guests within the program. Observes and removes potential hazards, reports all incidents of child abuse to supervisory position and follows organization’s procedures and government legislation;
- Acts as a professional role model and resource person for parents, students, colleagues, etc.;
- Ensures that health and safety standards are met.
- Candidate must be physically able to lift 30 lbs and move from sitting on the floor to standing with ease.
- The lead educator has administrative duties additional to the above.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org