Mary’s Place Childcare, operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Vancouver Island, is looking for a well-organized, professional, and experienced Early Childhood Educator with Infant Toddler credentials and a current BC License to Practice Childcare to join our team as the IT Team Lead. We offer a new, vibrant, and nurturing center for children aged 6 months to 5 years old, with 12 licensed spaces for Infant Toddler and 25 for Preschool.
This exciting and engaging position is a great fit for an experienced teacher looking to continue their career and take on new leadership responsibilities. Our generous training policy encourages and supports teachers to grow and develop within their profession.
The Society offers an excellent compensation package including very competitive wages, health and dental benefits, pension plan, and generous vacation entitlements. We are proud to provide a lively and supportive workplace with a strong culture of caring.
In this position, you will lead a team in providing infants and toddlers with experiences and opportunities that allow for the development of curiosity, initiative, problem-solving, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to a group. In addition to establishing strong and caring relationships with the children in our care, we work to nurture the parent-child relationship and encourage parental involvement. The IT team Lead will work with and support teachers to ensure quality care.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education with Infant and Toddler credentials
- Current BC License to Practice Childcare required
- First Aid Certification – Infant CPR
- Understanding of the Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Adherence to the ECE of BC Code of Ethics
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work and coworkers
- Understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
- 1-2 years of experience in an Early Childhood Centre with specialized knowledge in IT programs preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and community members
- Experience working with children with mental and physical disabilities and the community supports available
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some meetings and events after hours
- Understanding of the Mission and Values of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
- General office management skills
- Ministry of Justice Clearance Letter required prior to commencing employment
The full job description can be viewed at https://www.ssvpvancouverisland.ca/job-board/view/55-early-childhood-educator-infant-toddler-team-lead. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.