Infant & Toddler Educator
Full time – Competition #89
Are you eager to work in a high-energy childcare centre where the results of your efforts translate into healthy, happy children and families? The Esquimalt Military Family Resource
Centre is currently looking for a full-time Infant & Toddler Educator for our Colwood Pacific Activity Centre location. The rate of pay for this position is $21.50, plus wage enhancement.
The hours of work for this full-time position (37.5 hours/week) working a split shift, Monday to Friday 7:30-12:00 pm, and 1:30-4:30 pm.
To thrive in this role, you have:
• A valid Early Childhood Educator license to practice (Infant and Toddler certification required).
• Current First Aid Certification.
• French would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect children of military families.
The Esquimalt MFRC regards the potential spread of communicable diseases as an issue of workplace health and safety. Therefore, all current employees must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination is required. A criminal record check will also be required as a condition of employment for this position.
When you work at the Esquimalt MFRC, you’ll be doing important work that has a positive impact on military families. Our staff works hard as part of a fantastic team. If you embrace an environment supportive of learning and want a chance to grow in your new job, the MFRC is the place for you. Some of the benefits that our employees receive, based on eligibility, are the following:
• Starting vacation entitlement of 6%
• Up to 15 days paid sick days per year (pro-rated by hours worked)
• Paid birthday day off
• Paid (pro-rated by hours worked) shut down between Christmas and New Years
• RRSP matching program after completion of 1950 permanent hours
• Benefits include; extended health, dental, long-term disability, life insurance-70% paid by the MFRC, 30% paid by the employee
• Free parking
• Free access to the confidential Employee Assistance Program (Counselling)
Please send us your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your experience meets the skills and requirements of the MFRC by email to Laurenwakefield@emfrc.com with “Competition #89” in the subject line of your email application. A review of resumes will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted