Island Métis Family & Community Services Society provides a variety of support programs to Métis children and families living in the greater Victoria area. Currently, IMFCSS is accepting employment applications for the following position.
Indigenous Early Childhood Development Worker
Full Time, Permanent Position
• Early Childhood Education Certificate, plus Special Needs or Infant Toddler/Under Three Certificate
• Knowledge of Indigenous cultural practices, traditions and contemporary issues affecting Indigenous peoples, preferably Métis and a willingness to learn.
• In depth knowledge of child development, indicators of child abuse, and procedures to follow when making a child protection report.
• Excellent organizational, record-keeping and case management skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multi-professional groups, professionals, the general public and Indigenous people.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize work, and multi-task
• Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing work environments.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
• Ability to function independently and with minimal supervision.
• Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record review, police record check and other reference checks
• One (1) year recent directly related experience.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• At the office of Island Métis Family & Community Services Society, at 345 Wale Road, Victoria
This position requires union membership. Hourly rate is $21.63, based on JJEP Grid 10 – Step 1 as governed by the current Aboriginal Services Collective Agreement. Normal schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, may include other hours based on agency need.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants. Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet the qualifications for this position to:
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society
345 Wale Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6X2
This posting is open until the position is filled