Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society is advertising to fill one (1) casual Group Facilitator position for Family Services. A copy of the job description is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date March 29, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Start Date April 15, 2019
Hours of Work Casual; up to 3 work shifts per week; must be flexible – work shifts may include Saturday mornings; early evening once per week and morning/afternoon during the week; up to 15 hours/wk
Hourly Rate Year 1 – $20; Year 2 – $21 and Year 3 – $22 per hour (plus 12.2% in lieu of all Employee Benefits)
Location 511 Constance Ave., Victoria, BC; & other program locations in the Esquimalt area.
Applications please submit covering letter and resume to the attention of the Executive Director via email@example.com, on or before the closing date. Only those resumes received by the closing date will be considered.
- Post secondary education in related field such as ECE, social work, child and youth care and/or a combination of equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of local poverty and literacy issues; and risk issues for individual and families;
- Knowledge of health and safety practices relevant to child, adult and family services (e.g understanding of Food Safety issues; First Aid; child safe facilities);
- Knowledge of early childhood development and learning, parenting education and support;
- Experience with facilitating groups (adults/children);
- Teaching skills;
- Knowledge of and ability to work cross culturally;
- Knowledge of the local community client base;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Vehicle required;
- Confidentiality, discretion, judgment;
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Note: Criminal record check will be required before employment commences.