Family Support and Outreach
Casual – 1 Position
Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society is advertising to fill one (1) casual Family Support and Outreach position for Family Services. A copy of the job description is available by contacting email@example.com.
Closing Date September 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Start Date October, 2019
Hours of Work Casual; up to 3 work shifts per week; must be flexible – work shifts may include Saturday mornings; early evening once per week and morning/afternoon during the week; up to 12 hours/wk
Hourly Rate $21 per hour (plus 12.2% re vacation pay and statutory holidays)
Location 511 Constance Ave., Victoria, BC; & other program locations in the Esquimalt area.
Applications please submit covering letter and resume to the attention of the Executive Director via firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the closing date. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience providing teaching, information/referral, support in one to one format and group format concerning areas such as pregnancy/prenatal wellness, adjustment to motherhood, early childhood development; parenting in the early years;
- Knowledge of normal child development, parenting education and support and local poverty, literacy, and risk issues for individuals and families;
- Post-secondary education in related field such as child and youth care, early childhood education, informal counselling, nutrition, nursing, social work and/or a combination of equivalent experience;
- Experience with facilitating groups (e.g. pre and post-natal women; parents; parent/child; children);
- Knowledge of the local community client base; including knowledge of resources & familiarity with service provision to local First Nations communities;
- Knowledge of local poverty, literacy, and risk issues for individuals and families;
- Knowledge of health and safety practices relevant to child, adult and family services (e.g. understanding of Food Safety issues; First Aid; child safe facilities);
- Supportive/informal counselling experience;
- Teaching skills;
- Case management skills;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Knowledge of and ability to work cross culturally;
- Team player across disciplines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Vehicle required;
- Proficiency in the use of computers;
- Confidentiality, discretion, judgment.
Note: Criminal record check will be required before employment commences.