Our Children’s Centre Society – Victoria, BC
Position: Early Childhood/Infant Toddler Educator
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Wage: $22.75/hr with wage increases, plus benefits.
Early Childhood Education certificate (with infant/toddler certification)
Must be registered with Provincial Child Care Facility Licensing Board.
Must be able to clear a criminal record check as required by the Licensing Board.
Valid Standard First Aid with CPR-C
3 Reference Letters
The infant educator is responsible for providing daily care and education for the children enrolled in the Infant Program (12-18 months old) at Our Children’s Centre Society of Greater Victoria (OCCS) childcare centre. The infant educator will guide the activities of the children ensuring the policies and philosophies of OCCS are implemented and maintained. Develops and maintains co-operative working relationships with the OCCS Board of Directors, manager, facility staff, parents and others as required. Is part of a team striving to provide quality care for children attending Our Children’s Centre.
What OCCS has to offer:
- Competitive wage
- Two paid professional development days per year with all costs covered
- Funding available for professional development as well as continuing education funding available for all staff.
- Competitive benefits package (which includes 10 paid sick days, as well as COVID sick pay if needed)
- 4% accrued vacation pay that increases over time
- Paid planning time off the floor to work on curriculum planning during work hours as well as 2 hours paid per month from home if needed.
- Monthly paid all centre, and room meetings
- Potential signing bonus
- Access to work with a Pedagogist through the Early Childhood Pedagogist Network
- An enthusiastic, supportive, and thought-provoking team
- Free on-site parking
- Supervises the activities of children and guides guests in the program;
- In conjunction with other employees, develops, oversees and evaluates a developmentally appropriate program of activities;
- As a representative of Our Children’s Centre Society, develops and maintains positive & professional relationships with external agencies, authorities, associations, resources and the general public;
- Builds effective, supportive and professional relationships with the staff and parents of the facility;
- Exemplifies all necessary qualities in problem solving and acceptance of responsibilities;
- Works in partnership with all families, ensuring a clear understanding and / or resolution of concerns regarding centre activities as they relate to objectives, child development and OCCS policies and philosophies within the program;
- Ensures that all legal, licensing and legislative requirements are met, maintained and implemented within the program;
- Ensures appropriate care and safety of children, educators, substitutes, students and guests within the program. Observes and removes potential hazards, reports all incidents of child abuse to supervisory position and follows organization’s procedures and government legislation;
- Acts as a professional role model and resource person for parents, students, colleagues, etc.;
- Ensures that health and safety standards are met.
- Candidate must be physically able to lift 30 lbs and move from sitting on the floor to standing with ease.
Send resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com or call 250-475-6227