Our Children’s Centre Society – Victoria, BC
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator or I/T certificate preferred, a minimum of Responsible Adult certification.
Job Type: Part-Time, Casual
Wage: $19.89-$25.17/hr depending on position and qualifications, 4% vacation pay paid out.
- Early Childhood Education certificate or I/T preferred, a minimum of Responsible Adult certificaiton
- Must be registered with Provincial Child Care Facility Licensing Board.
- Must be able to clear a criminal record check as required by the Licensing Board.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- 3 Letters of Recommendation or References
The substitute educator is responsible for providing daily care and education for the children enrolled in a program (3-5 year old/toddler/infant) at Our Children’s Centre Society of Greater Victoria (OCCS) childcare centre. The educator will guide the activities of the children ensuring the policies and philosophies of OCCS are implemented and maintained. Develops and maintains co-operative working relationships with the OCCS Board of Directors, manager, facility staff, parents and others as required. Is part of a team striving to provide quality care for children attending Our Children’s Centre.
- Supervised by and reports to the team program lead educators and managers
- Is available for program support on an on-call basis
- Works with other educators within the programs
- Liaises with program families
- Supervises the activities of children;
- In conjunction with other employees, develops, oversees and evaluates a developmentally appropriate program of activities;
- As a representative of Our Children’s Centre Society, develops and maintains positive & professional relationships with external agencies, authorities, associations, resources and the general public;
- Builds effective, supportive and professional relationships with the staff and parents of the facility;
- Exemplifies all necessary qualities in problem solving and acceptance of responsibilities;
- Works in partnership with all families, ensuring a clear understanding and / or resolution of concerns regarding centre activities as they relate to objectives, child development and OCCS policies and philosophies within the program;
- Ensures that all legal, licensing and legislative requirements are met, maintained and implemented within the program;
- Ensures appropriate care and safety of children, educators, substitutes, students and guests within the program. Observes and removes potential hazards, reports all incidents of child abuse to supervisory position and follows organization’s procedures and government legislation;
- Acts as a professional role model and resource person for parents, students, colleagues, etc.;
- Ensures that health and safety standards are met.
- Liaises with the lead educator on matters related to program operations, administration, facility maintenance, families and co-educators
- Bring forward program issues, questions, and/or concerns of staff and/or parents to the lead educator or to the manager as appropriate
- Candidate must be physically able to lift 30 lbs and move from sitting on the floor to standing with ease.
- Performs other related duties similar in scope and complexity
Please come and join our team of fabulous, passionate, kind, enthusiastic, friendly, and FUN educators! 😊
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com