We are looking for part-time and full-time Early Childhood Educators to join our staff at Full o’Beans Preschool. This person will be expected to plan and implement a program providing children with a developmentally appropriate, safe and healthy environment. Our licensed preschool program follows all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and municipal governments.
The Early Childhood Educator will be required to develop, evaluate and adjust programming in cooperation with the other preschool staff and manager; communicate with families effectively; assist in maintaining children’s records, our playspaces etc. Light housekeeping is a part of the role, as is some documentation, staff meeting attendance, and ongoing professional development.
Education Training and Experience
- Early Childhood Education, ECE/A, ECE-IT, and/or related experience
- Current BC license to practice
- Documentation in accordance with Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, and community members
- Willingness to work within a team setting
Qualities and Skills
- Ability to be energetic, resilient and maintain a sense of humour when personal resources are challenged
- Effective interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive, positive approach.
- Able to perform in the physical effort for lifting, bending, stooping, carrying and reaching overhead.
- Knowledge of licensing requirements and health and safety legislation
- Well organized and works autonomously with minimal close supervision
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
We have an extensive health and safety plan in place to keep educators and families healthy during this unpredictable time.