Early Childhood Educator Position – 30 months to Kindergarten program (3 to 5 year olds)
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and outstanding Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to join an inspiring team in a full-time (35 hours per week), continuing position. UVic Child Care Services educators are passionate leaders and advocates for the field and provide mentorship to ECE students.
- Probationary salary is $ 24.01 per hour increasing to $24.74 after successful completion of the three month probationary period. We are enrolled in the BC Provincial Government ECE Wage Enhancement, which currently provides an additional $2.00 per hour (increasing to $4.00 per hour in the fall) not included in this salary
- Unionized position in CUPE, Local 951.
At UVic Child Care Services:
- Child Care Services pedagogy is based on the BC Early Learning Framework (BC Gov’t, 2019).
- We provide a free in-house professional development program working alongside our pedagogists who guide inquiry work and research projects, and lead seminars and workshops for our educators.
- Our educators and pedagogists have published journal articles, held exhibits and presented at a number of conferences and workshops.
- We practice a Common Worlds Framework approach, which considers our ethical relations with others in the Anthropocene–reflecting on place and histories, the legacies of colonialism, reconciliation, and 21st century environmental inheritances. For more information on our theoretical approaches, please visit http://commonworlds.net/ and https://www.earlychildhoodcollaboratory.net/
Why Join UVic?
Here at UVic, our people play a vital role in enabling the university to fulfill its mission and promise to become a university of choice for outstanding students, faculty and staff.
UVic compensation and benefits are competitive with:
- Comprehensive benefits including extended medical and dental benefits and pension plan and Employee and family assistance program
- Access to health and wellness tools and resources to support you in finding work-life balance
- 10 working days vacation in the first year and 15 working days vacation in the second calendar year*
- Paid annual holiday closure between Christmas and New Years*
- Leaves –paid sick and special leave (e.g. for unavoidable appointments)
- Diverse range of learning and development opportunities
- Sustainability initiatives including discounted transit passes and a pedestrian and bike friendly campus
- Balanced work day that includes paid and unpaid breaks (one hour unpaid lunch break and two 15 minutes paid breaks)
*Vacation and paid annual holiday closure entitlement is prorated on the basis of annual full-time entitlement
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit:
For questions please contact: Kim Ainsworth, Director, UVic Child Care Services at 250-721-6656
Posting will close on 13 July 2021