|Position Title: Early Childhood Educator||Position Number: 2019-21|
|Department: Child, Youth and Family Services Location: 1649 Mt. Newton Cross Rd||Days/Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:am – 2pm, 27.5 hours per week|
|Compensation: $18.50 per hour, plus benefits package||Posting Period: Until filled|
|Start Date: As soon as possible||Status: Regular, Part-Time Union: Exempt|
We are an award-winning and Accredited not-for-profit that helps people and improves lives through a range of programs and services, including providing extensive Child, Youth, Family and Counselling Services. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and a rewarding, stimulating work environment.
The Beacon Community Services Teen Education and Motherhood (TEAM) program is offered in partnership with School District 63. These programs provide quality child care for young parents who are attending school and to community families. The Early Childhood Educator has an integral role in providing these services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality child care and programming to children enrolled in the program
- Follow guidance received from the Manager of Teen Education and Motherhood Programs, and the Director of Children’s Programs and Counselling Services.
- Demonstrate team work to create and maintain an inclusive program and child care environment
- Adhere to the structure and philosophy of the program. The infant toddler room reflects the philosophies supporting emergent curriculum. The preschool/group daycare has a licensed preschool morning program; programming for this program is more structured and has specific learning outcomes. In the afternoon emergent curriculum philosophies are used. The ECE is responsible for planning and implementing activities that fit into these guidelines. TEAM educator’s programming and pedagogy reflect the vision and mission of the BC Early Learning Framework
- Providing program leadership as well as program evaluation
- Provide a safe, accepting and supportive environment while engaging both the children and families in the program
- Role model safe practices, caregiving and learning opportunities for parents
- Maintain the safety and well-being of all children and families enrolled in the program
- Use developmentally appropriate practice to plan, implement and evaluate a range of activities
- Provide parents with current updates on the program and their children’s progress/development; using a variety of communication mediums
- Assist children in a manner that support their on-going success
- Provide nutritionally valuable foods for the children following Food Safe standards and guidelines
- Be aware of and follow the TEAM program’s philosophies and policies, while also being aware of families’ philosophies to provide inclusive, safe and culturally aware programming and care
- Adhere to BC Child Care Regulations and School Legislation
- Be aware of and strive to maintain the policies and procedures created and implemented by Beacon Community Services
- Report any concerns to the Manager of Teen Education and Motherhood Programs
- Attend to daily housekeeping of the center
- ECE certificate or working towards
- A valid assistant, ECE or ITE, BC license to practice
- Valid First Aid certificate, as outlined by Child Care Regulations (to be renewed upon expiry).
- Valid Food Safe certificate (to be renewed every 3 years)
- Minimum of 40 professional development hours every 5 years; as outlined by license to practice standards
- WHMIS certification
- A clear Solicitor General and RCMP Criminal Record Check
- Able to effectively use a computer and electronic devices
- Access to a computer and access to the internet
- Previous experience working with children, families and working within child care settings
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- An energetic, nurturing and sensitive attitude that encourages development
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain professional composure and attitude, even in high stress situations
- A demeanor that creates safe, trusting relationships with clients
WE LIVE SAFETY!
The safety of our clients, staff and volunteers is a priority of Beacon Community Services. We promote healthy and safe working conditions in all of our operations. We are committed to continuously improving safety and it is essential to this position. We further support safety through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees.
All interested applicants can Apply Now! quoting the position vacancy number 2019-21. Please note only those applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.