We are seeking an Early Childhood Educator Supervisor to join UVic Child Care Services in a continuing full-time position, to provide leadership in a child care centre for three to five year olds.
UVic Child Care Services early childhood educators (ECE) and ECE Supervisors are passionate leaders and advocates for the field, who uphold very high standards and provide strong mentorship to ECEs new to the field. At UVic Child Care Services:
- We provide a free in-house professional development program in which we work alongside educational facilitators who guide inquiry work and research projects, lead seminars and workshops for our ECEs, and provide program support.
- Our ECEs have published journal articles, held exhibits and presented at a number of conferences and workshops.
- We follow the BC Early Learning Framework and practice a Common Worlds Framework approach, considering our ethical relations with others, as we reflect on the history of the land and the legacies of colonialism. We grapple with how to be allies (imperfect) in the important reconciliation work to be done. For more information on our theoretical approaches, please visit www.commonworlds.net andwww.earlychildhoodcollaboratory.net
Please contact Kim Ainsworth, Manager, Child Care Services at 250-721-6656 or email@example.com for any questions related to this job opportunity. To apply for this position you must submit your application through the UVic website.
WHY JOIN UVIC?
Here at UVic, our people play a vital role in enabling the university to fulfill its mission and promise to become a university of choice for outstanding students, faculty and staff.
Benefits and Perks*
UVic compensation and benefits are competitive with:
- Comprehensive benefits and
- Pension , Basic Life Insurance and Dental Care Benefits
- Access to support you in finding work-life balance
- Discounted athletic facility membership
- 10 working days’ vacation in the first year and 15 working days’ vacation in the second calendar year*
- Additional paid Annual holiday closure between Christmas and New Years*
- Leaves – maternity, parental, adoption, personnel, sick and long term disability
- Diverse range of learning and development opportunities
- Sustainability initiatives including and a pedestrian and bike friendly campus
- A respectful and supportive work environment
- Rate of pay effective 1 Feb 2019 is $25.16 per hour, 35 hour/week
*Vacation and paid annual holiday closure entitlement is prorated on the basis of annual full-time entitlement
For more information and to apply for the position, please visit: https://uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4550