In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, acts cooperatively with parents and multidisciplinary teams to enhance developmental gains of children in specialized and integrated child care settings.
Education, Training And Experience
- Certificates in both Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Education as issued by a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Valid Licenses to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator and Special Needs Educator.
- Three to five years recent related experience working with children with special needs.
- Valid First-Aid Certificate.
- Valid Class 4 vehicle license
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to orient, instruct, and evaluate students and volunteers.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Functional use of alternative modes of communication such as sign language.
Click here to submit your résumé to this position: https://islandhealth.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=106825
For questions about the position of for help applying, contact Susan Griffith at Susan.Griffith@viha.ca or 250-519-6778