Position Title: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Location: James Bay
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Rate of Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 Plus ECE Wage Enhancement (extra $2.00 per hour). *** + $500 Signing Bonus!
Hours of Work: Program hours are 0730-1730, Monday to Friday
Start Date: May 18, 2020
The Rainbow Express Daycare Center is privately operated by the Rainbow Express Daycare Society, a registered non-profit society.
Our program focuses on providing a loving and nurturing atmosphere for children to learn through their play. We believe that each child is unique and we promote the optimum development of physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social skills and abilities. Rainbow Express is the place where the fun begins and the joy of learning starts! In addition to our usual daily program – story time, meals, free play, rest time, baking, gardening, park visits, and so on – we also feature the following special activities. Some of these activities involve outside instructors or programs.
Our staff work together as a team of caring, energetic, fully qualified educators.
We are seeking for an energetic, fun, and organized Early Childhood Educator to join our wonderful team! We are searching for someone who is able to develop strong relationships with children and provide teacher loving care.
· Maintains a clean and safe environment for children;
· Supervises indoor and outdoor play (including field trips);
· Creates a positive setting for children to learn;
· Approaches first learning years with enthusiasm and dedication;
· Enables children to have fun all day, regardless of whether they are playing or learning;
· Encourages and supports each child;
· Promotes each child’s individuality and self-esteem;
· Encourages children, parents, and staff to develop lasting and meaningful friendships with one another.
Typical Education, Training and Experience:
· Valid BC ECE Certification
· Experience working in child-care programs
· Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· Standard First Aid with CPR-C
· One year experience working with children
· $500 Signing Bonus!
· Comprehensive Benefits;
· $21.00 – $25.00 – Plus ECE Wage Enhancement (extra $2.00 per hour);
· Paid vacation (One week is the holiday Break between Christmas and New Year’s);
· Three Professional Development Days.
Please note, only those applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
***All successful applicants will provide a clear Solicitor General’s Criminal Record Check, clear Tuberculosis screening (Mantoux skin test, or another TB test), and verify having current Provincial Immunization Records