Employment Terms: Contract, Approximately 26 hours per week
Salary: Starting at $20.00-$24.00 per hour based on experience and education
Vacation: 2 weeks at Winter Break, Spring break TBD, based on School calendar
Located in Oak Bay for over 47 years, our preschool is parent owned, and focuses on a learning through play approach to foster a child’s sense of wonderment with the world around them. We use a balance of indoor and outdoor classrooms to enrich the child’s preschool experience. We work to build a strong and welcoming community among our preschool families, where we can engage and collaborate in our pursuit of continuing education.
HOW YOU FIT IN
We are looking for a dedicated person who can nurture our children, inspire our families, and become a part of our community. This position is suitable for those individuals w ho hold a valid ECE license and have experience working with children with diverse abilities. A strong knowledge of licensing requirements and the Cooperative preschool philosophy . You must be comfortable and prepared to be outside in all weather conditions.
• Early Childhood Educator license to practice ( Required)
• Special Needs Educator License to practice an asset
• Minimum 2 years working with children
• Valid and current criminal record check
• Valid and current first aid certificate
• Experience in emergent curriculum and the Early Learning Framework
• Work collaboratively with our staff in the creation and expansion of the curriculum.
• Work closely with parents and guide them as classroom assistants and in their co-operative positions
• Attend and participate in meetings and maintain an open line of communication with a child’s family, and co-workers
• Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the children, families, and staff.
• Perform other duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, references, and resume outlining your experience and education
to: v firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.