Songhees Nation Job Posting
Early Learning Centre
Permanent full time position
JOB TITLE: Early Childhood Educator Manager
Reports to: Director of Education
Salary Scale: TBD/Hourly
Deadline: September 4th, 2020
The Early Childhood Educator Manager under the direction of the Director of Education, will primarily be responsible to develop pre-school and daycare policies, procedures, and best practices in accordance with legislation requirements. The candidate must possess ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals andis responsible for delivering programs of activities and opportunities that promote cultural, physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth for children aged 3-5. The position is responsible for aiding children in exploring interests, developing talents, building self-esteem and learning to share and interact appropriately with others.
• Knowledge and experience working with First Nation Families and/or a willingness to learn about First Nation Culture.
• Thorough mediation and conflict resolution skills.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to exercise sound judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff and collaborate effectively with internal and external funders to develop, manage, and evaluate programs and services.
• Aptitude to recognize and respond effectively to various types of situations, including crisis or conflict, and able to react quickly with excellent judgement, diplomacy and tact.
• Capable of working independently with limited direction, act on own initiatives, set priorities and meet tight or changing schedules/deadlines.
• 3 years supervisory/management experience.
• Valid ECE certification (infant/toddler license an asset).
• Valid First Aid Certification (Child Safe).
• Experience working with children aged 3-5 / Preschool.
• Physically and mentally fit to work with the 3-5/preschool age group – with Doctor’s note, also up to date TB and Immunization records, and clear Criminal Record Check.
• Experience in working with behavioural, or special needs (including speech and language) children is considered an asset.
• Extended periods of standing, bending/kneeling, playing
• Occasional meetings, training opportunities and/or conferences required
Please send resumes to: Felicity Peters, Human Resource Manager
Songhees Nation Phone 250-386-1043 ext.114 Email: Felicity.email@example.com