We are on a mission to not only make children feel special but to be around similar people that thrive to create work environments filled with positivity and passion- we need the best people to help us achieve this! Island Kids Academy Esquimalt and View Royal are looking for full time ITEs and ECEs for a variety of positions, as well as substitute ECEAs and ECEs!
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator (ECE) and Infant/Toddler Program Educator (ITE)
Positions Available: 3
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $20 and $22 starting per hour dependent on certification and position being filled; $2 extra per hour via the Provincial Wage Enhancement
Work Schedule: 35-40 hours per week
Working Hours: We are open Monday to Friday, 7:15-5:30. Employees work varying 7-8 hour shifts within this time frame.
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation per year initially; Staff discount on childcare at our facilities Options for: group benefits (medical & dental benefits), RRSP, sick days; BC transit Pro Pass
Position Type: Permanent, full time
Required Language: English
Job duties and program responsibilities
- Be an awesome, inspiring team member who wants to join a group of exceptional Educators and help enrich the program!
- To follow Island Kids Academy’s Philosophy and guidance methods.
- To ensure that all children are treated with respect and that the program meets their individual developmental needs
- To develop and implement activities for children between 10 months and 5 years old, using both theme based and emergent ideas
- Be open and willing to problem solve and navigate challenges while also focused on honoring those successful moments in fun and creative ways
- The applicant should feel comfortable working 1:4 or 1:8 ratio alone, at times, and be open to supporting the group as a whole should it be needed.
- Experience in and a desire to be involved in the planning and organizing of activities daily. All experiences should look to promote the children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth.
- To follow and maintain daily routines and shift schedules and offer ideas and suggestions to help the program be successful
- To positively communicate daily with parents regarding various aspects of care for their child
- To attend, contribute to and share ideas during the monthly staff meetings
- To be aware of program ratio, and provide supervision to at least 4 infants/toddlers and 8 three-five year olds throughout the day, to a maximum of 12 and 24 respectively.
- To be able to assist with light cleaning duties
Work Location & Information
Island Kids View Royal Ltd.
286 Island Highway, Victoria, BC, V9B 1G5
Phone: (250) 727-2929
Island Kids Esquimalt Ltd.
542 Fraser Street, Victoria, BC V9A 6H7
Phone: (250) 381-2929 ext 25
Skills & Education Requirements
- Minimum college diploma in early childhood education (ECE) an asset
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) candidates should apply too, we may have role for you too!
- Licence to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Infant Toddler Educator (ITE)
- If you are from out of Province or Country, please still apply!
- First Aid Certificate (valid or intent to obtain);
- Experience in Early Childhood Education an asset but not mandatory;
- Criminal Record Check will be conducted.
How to Apply
By email: email@example.com
By phone: Megan Seiferling at (250) 381-2929 ext. 25.