|Position Title||Early Childhood Educator|
|Job Posting Open Date||03/02/2023|
|Job Posting Close Date||03/08/2023|
|Anticipated Layoff Start Date #1||07/01/2023|
|Anticipated Layoff End Date #1||08/30/2023|
|Position Start Date||03/10/2023|
|Location||Lansdowne & Interurban|
|Applicant Portal Position Category||Support Staff|
|Employee Group||Support Staff (CUPE)|
|Pay Grade||S – Pay Grade 7|
|Salary||$25.52 – $27.26 per hour (+ $4.00 per hour – Wage Enhancement Program)|
|Number of positions to be hired under this posting||1|
|Days of the Week||Monday to Friday|
|Work Schedule||11:30 am to 4:30 pm
Work may vary depending on needs of the program.
|Total Hours Per Week||25|
|Position Type||Recurring Regular Part Time|
|Posting Type||Employees & General Public|
|Job Description||GENERAL STATEMENT
Under the supervision of the Senior Educator and in collaboration with the Child Care team, the Early Childhood Educator provides nurturing care and education for young children in a group setting. The Educator embraces the department’s philosophy and policies, the B.C. Early Learning Framework, the BC Child Care Licensing Regulation, and related provincial regulations to maintain a standard of care that contributes to the service’s reputation for excellence. The Educator ensures the developmental needs of all children are met within a safe and healthy environment and in cooperation with families, colleagues, and community professionals.
Early Childhood Educators primarily work within 1 assigned centre and may temporarily be assigned to another centre when necessitated by operational need. The child care facilities have infant, toddler, and preschool centres.
|Qualifications||Diploma in Early Childhood Education with applicable designations (Infant/Toddler and/or Special Needs); valid BC Early Childhood Educator License to Practice; valid First Aid & CPR certificates; clear BC Criminal Record Check; Immunization Record; Physician’s Form of Suitability; and one year of work experience in a licensed child care setting.
• Proven knowledge of the BC Early Learning Framework and Inclusion Practices
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and team player
• Solid organizational skills to address changing priorities and interruptions in a busy environment
The position is physically demanding and includes lifting with weight, crouching, bending, standing, sitting, outdoor work, and exposure to noise. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
|Capabilities||The core capabilities are required for all positions at the college.
Focus on Students and Their Success (Core)
• We all have a role to play in promoting and supporting students – directly or indirectly – contributing to their success, education and transition as they build their path to the future.
Cultural Alignment (Core)
• Inclusion and respect align with Camosun’s traditions of lifelong learning and positive, supportive experiences for all. We examine our individual and institutional cultures and, through indigenization, consider other ways of knowing (thinking), being (approaches), doing (acting), and relating.
Fostering and Nurturing Relationships (Core)
• Fostering and nurturing relationships is at the core of everything we do. Successful workplace relationships take time to develop and include building trust, engagement and collaboration.