EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR/ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Executive Director, the Educator will provide quality childcare programs for 3 & 4 year old children while upholding the philosophy and mission of Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre (AGCC). Educators will support and promote the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of each child in our program, as well as being a dependable team player with other Educators.
We are looking for some fun, creative, passionate, and caring Educators to join our growing team of dedicated, loving and kind staff members. We are looking to fill a few positions within our established Licensed child care programs that focus on nature exploration, child led philosophies and play oriented learning programs. We are located in beautiful Cadboro Bay neighborhood, close to UVIC and bus routes. We operate out of two brand new Learning Studios and a large purpose built child care facility with an art room, music room & play room, all on a 1.4 acre site surrounded by forest, beaches and nature.
See website (www.arbutusgrove.ca) for more program information
Position Start Date: Monday August 31, 2020
Posting closes: open until position filled
Wage: $18.50 – $23.00 per hour (including Wage Enhancement) depending on certification and experience
Hours of work: 30 – 40 hours / week – Monday to Friday
• Valid BC License to Practice in Early Childhood Education or Assistant
• An acceptable criminal record check
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
• Previous child care experience in a licensed facility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with children, families and staff
• Passionate, energetic and creative when working with children
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with our team
• Experience in nature-based programming, ability to facilitate inquiry-based learning and knowledge of local ecosystems, an asset
• Provide opportunities for growth and development in a stimulating and supportive environment
• Plan and implement routines that are flexible and responsive to the needs of the children, families, and the staff. Provide opportunities for a balance of active/quiet and indoor/outdoor experiences.
• Assess developmental level of children and provide a physical environment that is safe, supportive, and inviting for all children with a range of abilities.
• Build children’s social, interpersonal skills and self-esteem by establishing routines and using positive guidance to allow children to feel secure, comfortable and safe.
• Follow the Centre’s procedures for maintaining health records, administering medication and first aid. This includes reporting all accidents, injuries, and illnesses to the Program Manager.
• Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with families
• Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with colleagues; cooperate and share responsibilities with all staff members.
• Assist in cleaning and maintenance duties
• Extended Medical/Dental/Paramedical coverage including LTD, AD&D and EAP
• 3 weeks paid vacation per year (2 weeks – Winter Break; 1 week – Spring Break)
• 12 paid sick days per year
• Annual review, evaluation and raise
• Paid staff meetings
• Paid professional development opportunities
• Free parking
• Supportive, collaborative and professional working environment
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Skoreyko, Executive Director
Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre
3905 Haro rd
Victoria, B.C. V8N 4A6