Under the direction of the Program Manager and Executive Director, the Educator will provide quality childcare programming in our 4-year-old Nature Program, while upholding the philosophy
and mission of Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre (AGCC). Educators support and promote the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of each child in our program, as well as being a
dependable and engaging co-Educator.
We are looking for a fun, creative, passionate, nature loving Educator to join our growing team of dedicated, knowledgeable, and reflective staff members. We are looking to fill a position
within our established Licensed child care program, that focuses on nature exploration, child led philosophies and play oriented learning programs. We are located in beautiful Cadboro Bay
neighborhood, close to UVIC and bus routes. This program operates out of a brand new Learning Studio surrounded by forest, beaches and nature.
Position Start & End Date: August 30, 2021 – June 24, 2022
Posting closes: July 20, 2021 @5pm
Wage: $19 – $22 per hour (Additional $4 per hour Wage Enhancement for ECE) depending on certification and experience
Hours of work: 25 hours/week – Monday to Friday 10am – 3pm. This program follows the SD 61 Frank Hobbs school schedule and will be closed during Winter break, Spring Break, Summer and
Pro-D days. Ability to extend daily hours or extend employment throughout summer, if interested.
• Valid BC License to Practice in Early Childhood Education or Assistant
• Clean criminal record check
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
• Experience in nature-based programming, and knowledge of local ecosystems, an asset
• Previous child care experience in a licensed facility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with children, families, and staff
• Passionate, energetic and creative when working with children
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with our team; as well as work independently and take initiative
• Ability to facilitate inquiry-based learning and be reflective
• Provide opportunities for growth and development in a stimulating and supportive environment.
• Ability to be outside, year long, in all types of BC weather
• Plan and implement routines that are flexible and responsive to the needs of the children, families, and the staff.
• Assess developmental level of children and provide a physical environment that is safe, supportive, and inviting for all children with a range of abilities.
• Build children’s social, interpersonal skills, and self-esteem by establishing routines and using positive guidance to allow children to feel secure, comfortable, and safe.
• Follow the Centre’s procedures for maintaining health records, administering medication and first aid. This includes reporting all accidents, injuries, and illnesses to the Program Manager.
• Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with families and colleagues
• Assist in cleaning and maintenance duties
• After 3 months successful employment: Extended Medical/Dental/Paramedical coverage including LTD, AD&D and EAP; 1 paid sick day per month; Annual review, evaluation and raise
• 3 weeks paid vacation (2 weeks at Winter break; 1 week at Spring break)
• Paid staff meetings
• Paid professional development opportunities
• Free parking
• Supportive, collaborative, and professional working environment
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Skoreyko, Executive Director
Arbutus Grove Children’s Centre
3905 Haro rd
Victoria, B.C. V8N 4A6
See website (www.arbutusgrove.ca) for more program information