Job Summary: The Coordinator will be required to manage and maintain all operations at the Royal Oak Neighbourhood House in accordance with guidelines set out by Saanich Neighbourhood Place. The position requires a well-organized motivated individual with an outgoing disposition who enjoys building stakeholder relations.
Reports to: Executive Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include problem solving and managing deliverables such as:
- Promotes the vision of RONH and market its events and activities to the community;
- Leads the development and implementation of new community programs and related activities based on community needs as well as ongoing management of continuing programs;
- Ensures effective service delivery consistent with SNP mandate and policy, legal, contractual, budgetary and other requirements;
- Monitors the service delivery of programs for structure, consistency, quality and suitability of activities.
- Manages and be accountable for the day-to-day operation of RONH;
- Recruits, trains and supports staff/volunteers to assist in the operation of RONH;
- Works to increase rental revenue of RONH; works with ED to identify funding opportunities;
- Maintains supplies and general upkeep; communicates with landlord as necessary
- Works with the SNP administration to manage regular and ad hoc room bookings for RONH;
- Provides orientation, and ongoing supervision for facility attendants;
- Maintains records and attends agency meetings as required.
- Completes needs assessment; identifying community needs and gaps;
- Provides general information and referrals to community members;
- Promotes RONH as a local, supportive community facility especially to surrounding housing sites;
- Coordinates regular Royal Oak Neighbourhood House Advisory Committee meetings;
Education, Training and Experience
- Degree in related human service field such as Child and Youth Care or Social Work
- Three (3) years recent related experience including one (1) year supervisory or administrative experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other staff, community partners and community participants;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills ;
- Good organization and time management skills;
- Clear criminal records check;
- Class 5 drivers’ license and use of a reliable vehicle.
This position pays $23.83/hour and is for 32 hours/week. Currently this is a temporary position December 1 2018 – June 30 2019. We anticipate additional funding will be secured to extend the contract.