Island Métis Family & Community Services Society (“IMFCSS”) provides a variety of support programs to Métis children and families living in the greater Victoria area. The Island Métis Child Care Centre incorporates culturally relevant, Métis-specific programming including local Elders, Culture Keepers and community members with 52 new licensed child care spaces. Currently, IMFCSS is accepting employment applications for the following position.
Child Care Manager (Full Time, Permanent)
Minimum qualifications, ALL of which must be met in order to be considered for the position:
- An ECE Certification with post basic certification and/or Diploma an asset.
- License to practice from the B.C. Early Childhood Educator Registry, with Infant Toddler designation.
- A valid Childcare First Aid Certificate.
- Strong working knowledge of child development, child care programming and child welfare related legislation (the Community Care Facilities Act and Child, Family and Community Services Act), regulations, BC Early Learning Framework, and policies related to child care in BC.
- Working knowledge of case management principles and practices: file documentation, security, confidentiality, mandatory reporting controls, screening procedures, trauma-informed approaches, pedagogical narration and Métis child welfare issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse families and population including: Elders, Métis community members and agencies, with a client/family-centered approach.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Familiarity with community resources in the region, including other child care programs.
- Computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, supervisory, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills, suitable for working with team members and young children.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Clear Tuberculosis test required.
- Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record review, police record check and other reference checks.
- Five (5) years recent related experience, managing a childcare facility or a combination of relevant experience.
- Office of Island Métis, located at 345 Wale Road, Victoria on an interim basis until Child Care Center open, located at 1581 Church Avenue, Victoria.
A complete Job Description can be provided upon request.
This position is excluded from union membership and includes benefits and pension upon successful completion of probationary period. Hourly rate starts at $30.00. Normal schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule to be set in collaboration with the Executive Director and based on program need.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet all of the above qualifications for this position to:
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society
345 Wale Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6X2
This posting is open until the position is filled.