Are you a childcare professional ready for an impactful position in Indigenous childcare programming? Join with us to implement and deliver childcare programs in our new, on-reserve facility. The Childcare Centre Manager carries out operating policies and procedures with a focus on childcare centre activities and is responsible for providing quality caring and supportive childcare programs to families living at Ts’uubaa-asatx First Nation and the surrounding community of Lake Cowichan.
● a strong and demonstrated understanding of quality, culturally appropriate childcare programming, early childhood learning and development, and can lead, motivate, train, and coach staff in the delivery of excellence in these areas
● provide a safe, supportive, and respectful environment for the children in our care, with a focus on providing a stimulating early care and education experience and operating a program that meets all regulatory and licensing standards required by federal, provincial, and municipal government
● develop and implement programs for young children infant to age 12.
● supervise and develop childcare staff
● manage the administration of the childcare program
● encourage and support parent/caregiver engagement and supervision of children
● be responsible for licensing and WorkSafe BC Employee relations
We are looking for applicants who have:
● minimum 3 years recent Childcare Centre management including the direct management and supervision of staff and budgets, childcare subsidy/grants
● Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related discipline, or Diploma in Early Childhood Education with Infant Toddler
● valid ECE Certificate and Infant & Toddler Care and Special Needs Certificate
● valid First Aid Certification –Infant CPR
● experience working in a First Nations community and/or Indigenous organization
● excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and community members
● proficiency with Microsoft office suite and general office management
Why work for Ts’uubaa-asatx?
Today, Ts’uubaa-asatx has around 30 members and is experiencing a reawakening of culture, song, dance, and heritage. Our vision is to build a solid foundation for our current and future generations to grow and prosper while acknowledging our culture and heritage as distinct people of Lake Cowichan. To build a solid foundation for our current and future generations, and to grow and prosper, the community has been engaged and is fully supportive of the initiatives described in its Comprehensive Community Development Plan (CCDP), including a Childcare Centre to serve our members and the surrounding community.
The Ts’uubaa-asatx Nation is a self-determining, innovative, progressive, and prosperous nation. We are a distinct tribe (with roots to the Dididaht group of tribes) who continue to govern in a harmonious and balanced way, inclusive of all members, valuing relationships, customs, and traditions, with honour and respect for our culture and the environment, continuing for future generations.
• new childcare facility & office in beautifully appointed building
• training & career development
• location on the traditional lands of the Ts’uubaa-asatx people in beautiful, family-friendly Lake Cowichan
To find out more, please follow this link: Job Description Childcare Centre Manager.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Aaron Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Childcare Centre Manager” in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted