Child Care and Family Services Assistant Manager—full-time, temporary position—posting scheduled to close 4 pm on 26 February 2020
UVic Child Care Services is comprised of seven licensed child care centres and a family resource program that serve the UVic community. Our Early Childhood Educators (ECE) and ECE Supervisors are professional, passionate leaders and advocates for the field, who uphold high standards and provide strong mentorship to ECEs new to the field. We are seeking a highly skilled, B.C. certified ECE with diverse experience in the field to join our team in the role of Child Care and Family Services Assistant Manager.
UVic Child Care Services early childhood educators (ECEs) are passionate leaders and advocates for the field, who uphold very high standards and provide strong mentorship to ECEs new to the field.
At UVic Child Care Services:
We provide a free in-house professional development program in which we work alongside pedagogists who guide inquiry work and research projects, lead seminars and workshops for our ECEs, and provide program support.
- Our educators have published journal articles, held exhibits and presented at a number of conferences and workshops.
- Our practice is guided by the BC Early Learning Framework (2019), which includes a Common Worlds approach. We consider our ethical relations with others, reflecting on the history of our land and the legacies of colonialism as we grapple with how to be allies (imperfect) in the important reconciliation work to be done. For more information on our theoretical approaches, please visit:www.commonworlds.net and www.earlychildhoodcollaboratory.net.
The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $56,881 – $64,020 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Performance range: starting salary to max of $74,351 is available through annual performance increase.
Within the Division of Student Affairs and under Campus Services, Child Care Services provides safe, quality child care as well as a family resource program (UVic Family Centre) to the UVic community.
The UVic Family Centre provides programs and services for student families living on and off campus. At the Family Centre, families have opportunities to connect with one another, gain support, and learn from one another and from the Family Centre staff. Family Centre programs include early learning drop-in for young children and their parents/caregivers, drop-in programs for school aged children, parenting support programs, a clothing exchange, monthly family events, etc.
UVic Child Care Services provides full-time child care programs to children from infancy to pre-kindergarten. Child care operates from three separate locations on campus, offering innovative, creative and responsive programs based upon the BC Early Learning Framework. The Family Centre and child care centres also provide experiential learning (practicum) and research opportunities for UVic students and faculty, and volunteer experiences for community members.
The Child Care and Family Services Assistant Manager reports to the Child Care Services Manager. The position has two major areas of responsibility:
- Overseeing the UVic Family Centre. The Assistant Manager provides leadership and vision for fulfilling and enhancing the mandate of the Family Centre: develops, coordinates and implements programs offered, and supervises Family Centre staff, including the Early Childhood Educator, work study students, practicum students and volunteers.
- Assisting the Child Care Services Manager with child care centre administration tasks including enrollment management; hiring and orientation of casual (relief) staff, work study and summer student assistants; policy development, and special projects.
This position requires working some evenings and weekends based on operational requirements. As per Child Care Services policy, must be immunized in accordance with the childhood immunization schedule.
This position requires the completion of:
- post-secondary degree in a human services-related field,
- current first aid certificate,
- early childhood educator certificate through the BC ECE Registry
- and a minimum of 2 years of experience:
- Working in a licensed child care facility
- Developing and delivering services, programs, workshops, and events
- In a leadership role that included supervision of staff
For detailed job information, including requirements and to apply please visit: https://uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/5863
If you have additional questions related to this job opportunity please contact Kim Ainsworth, Manager of Child Care Services at email@example.com or (250) 721-6656