$18.00 – $20.00/hr
Monday August 29, 2022 (for training)
Job Descriptions –
Are you a student looking for part-time hours to fit around your classes and course work? Are you looking for more experience working with children in a variety of settings? Do you have a skill or activity you would like to bring to a childcare setting? At Lochside After School Program we take a team approach with parents, staff and the school to nurture and guide the children through their elementary school years, acknowledging that each child is an individual. We encourage all involved to bring their passions to the table.
Why Work for Us
● An approachable, encouraging team environment.
● Excellent hours for a student looking for part-time work around classes.
● Have fun working, while guiding children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of 15-30 children with another qualified staff.
● Creating a daily schedule that incorporates child-directed activities, routines, and transition times, including outdoor activities daily (rain or shine) that are age appropriate.
● Communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff.
● Ensure accurate records of children’s attendance and ensure that children in attendance are accounted for at all times.
● Assist with daily routines including, prep work, set-up and cleanup of all environments.
Skills & Qualifications:
● Must be at least 19 years of age.
● Clear criminal record check.
● Current Emergency First Aid with CPR-C
● 2 references
● Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
● Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work as a team.
● Enjoys workings with children ages 5 to 11
● Experience working with children and managing a variety of situations.
● Knowledge of the developmental stages and needs of children 5-11 years and an ability to guide and plan activities based on these stages and needs.
● 20 hours of training in Child Development, Nutrition, or Health and Safety (can provide training opportunities if an applicant does not initially possess).
● Familiar with Ministry of Children and Family Development licensing regulations.
● Physically and psychologically capable of working with children.
● Ability to lift up to 25kg, ability to get up and down off the floor.
$18.00 – $20.00/hour based on experience and qualifications
Monday – Friday morning shift 7:15am-9:00am
Monday – Friday afternoon shift 2:00pm-6:00pm
Possibility of 20 to 30 hours/week available.
Possibility of full-day shifts available on Pro-D days, Winter, Spring and Summer camps.
This is a front-line position.
The incumbent will be working directly with children.
On a bus route
Statutory holidays and weekends off
4% in lieu of benefits
8 sick day (if working 20+ hours/week)
Resumes can be sent to: