|Position Title: ECE||Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week|
|Department/Location: James Bay||Days of Work: Monday to Friday|
|Status: Regular Full-Time||Start Date: February 2019|
|Reports to: Executive Director|
The Rainbow Express Daycare Centre is privately operated by the Rainbow Express Daycare Society, a registered non-profit society.
Our program focuses on providing a loving and nurturing atmosphere for children to learn through their play. We believe that each child is unique and we promote the optimum development of physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social skills and abilities. Rainbow Express is the place where the fun begins and the joy of learning starts! In addition to our usual daily program – story time, meals, free play, rest time, baking, gardening, park visits, and so on – we also feature the following special activities. Some of these activities involve outside instructors or programs.
Our staff work together as a team of caring, energetic, fully qualified educators.
We are seeking for an energetic, fun, and organized ECE instructor to join our wonderful team! We are searching for someone who is able to develop strong relationships with children and provide teacher loving care.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for children;
- Supervise indoor and outdoor play (including field trips);
- Creating a positive setting for children to learn;
- Approach a child’s first learning years with enthusiasm and dedication;
- Enable children to have fun all day, regardless of whether they are playing or learning;
- Encourage and support each child;
- Promote each child’s individuality and self-esteem;
- Encourage children, parents and staff to develop lasting and meaningful friendships with one another.
Typical Education, Training and Experience:
- Valid BC ECE Certification
- Experience working in child-care programs
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- One year experience working with children
- Comprehensive Benefits;
- Three weeks’ vacation (One week is the holiday Break between Christmas and New Year’s);
- Three Professional Development Days;
- Signing BONUS.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Amanda Jones at email@example.com.
Please note, only those applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
***All successful applicants will provide a clear Solicitor General’s Criminal Record Check.